The entity type TradeUnit defines a unique instance of a physical product that can be shipped, bought and sold. It can be a 5kg bag of potatoes, one gearbox, or one box with a pair of jogging shoes. The TradeUnit is for a specific product (a particular gearbox), not the generic type of product (any gearbox of the same model).
Information included in a TradeUnit entity include:
- Item identity (e.g. SKU, ERP system article identity)
- Bar code identity (pre-existing barcode identity, e.g. GS1 identity)
- Serial number / Production batch number
- Quantity and quantity unit
- Value/Currency/VAT/Customs data
TradeUnit entities can also include a list of user-defined properties (name/value pairs) that extend their versatility with additional company- or project- specific data.