LogTrade IoL Core
LogTrade IoL Core is a software layer providing basic services that other software can use to securely store and share logistics data entities in the cloud.
The primary services currently offered by this software component are:
- Access control – authentication and authorization
- Cloud storage of IoL data objects in standardized formats
- Custom properties can be added to the standardized IoL data entities
- Association of IoL data entities with URI links
- API access to IoL data entities
- Human readable HTML renderings of IoL data objects using URI links
- Mechanisms for sharing data objects with 3rd parties
- Filtering of sensitive data fields to certain data sharing consumers
- Webhook notifications when data objects are updated
The data entities currently supported are:
- TransportInstruction: Data entities containing information on a shipment, such as the pickup and delivery address, or other properties like weight or dimensions.
- TransportStatus: Data entities containing information on events the carrier has reported. This is tracking data, for example, documenting that the shipment has been picked-up, has been scanned at a terminal, or has been delivered.
- TransportRequest: Data entities publishing information on shipments a shipper wants to purchase. This is shipment information, for example size and weight of package, pick-up and delivery address, as well as other requirements like maximum price, earliest pick-up, latest delivery time, etc.
- TransportRequestAccept: Data entities containing information that a carrier accepts a shipment published by a TransportRequest. The information includes estimated pick-up time, estimated delivery time, price, etc.
- TradeUnit: Data entities containing information on products that are traded; i.e. the minimum volume of a product that can be sold or purchased individually; for example one mobile phone, a 5kg bag of potatoes, or a 6-pack of pencils.
- LegalParty: Data entities containing information about an organization that owns other data entities (such as TransportInstructions or TransportStatus).
- Location: Data entities containing information about a location, that may have a fixed or moving geographical coordinate. It can be a house, a delivery box with a smart lock in a public garage, a parked vehicle, or moving locations as a vehicle moves.
- Assets: An asset can be any type of physical object that can generate events. Typical usages are vehicles, smart pallets, smart packages or smart containers that can report things like GPS coordinate or temperature.
- AssetEvents are generated by – and connected to – assets, and typically report changed measurements, such as GPS coordinate, temperature or shock.
More entity types can be added over time.
LogTrade’s IoL implementation strictly follows the open IoL specification, also developed by LogTrade. Any company can develop their own IoL platform by implementing and hosting the open IoL specification, in parallel to LogTrade’s implementation.